Thrive Credit Union Raises over $1,000 to benefit Little Red Door
Thrive Credit Union recently held a penny war fundraiser at all three branch locations in Muncie and raised $1,020.83 to help benefit Cancer Services of East Central Indiana – Little Red Door. Thrive raised the funds along with the help of their members and community participants.
“What does $1,020.83 in pennies mean to LRD? It buys supplies for 10 hospice kits, 10 days of professional house cleaning service to help our caregivers, 5-10 mammograms, or 30 cases of Ensure for our chemo clients” stated Aimee Fant, Executive Director at Little Red Door.
According to Cancer Services ECI-Little Red Door, every year the organization:
- Serves directly 1,000 cancer patients in a six-county area
- Provides 350 mammograms for women in Delaware County
- Hands out 17,000 nutritional supplements in a six-county area
- Aids 150 Hospice patients per year through IU/BMH ($120 per person)
- Reaches 500-600 high school students through educational programs
- Speaks to 500 women for special Breast-Health Outreach programs
For more information, visit http://www.littlereddooreci.org/
About Thrive Credit Union
Since 1940, Thrive Credit Union has provided customized banking solutions to individuals and families in Delaware County. Thrive offers a full array of products and services including Banking, Loans, and Financial Counseling. Thrive’s mission is to help members reach financial success so they can thrive in their lives. Membership is open to anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in Delaware County. For additional information, stop visit a Thrive location in Muncie or visit www.Thrivecu.org.