Position Description: Member Service Specialist (MSS) 1
Reports to: Front Line Supervisor
As a member of our front line staff, the Member Service Specialist will have the primary responsibility for opening new accounts and selling products and services in addition to the general transaction duties listed below. The Member Service Specialist will be expected to develop an expert understanding of all products and services of Thrive Credit Union to ensure we tailor our products and services to their individual needs. Guiding members and identifying solutions by offering credit union products and services is a primary responsibility of this position.
- Welcomes and establishes relationships by getting to know the member to provide wow customer service.
- Responsible for processing member/teller transactions in a proficient and accurate manner.
- Must be able to recommend products and/or services that will be beneficial to the member.
- Will achieve certification as a Certified Credit Union Financial Counselor in order to educate, counsel and discuss member finances to help them succeed in financial budgeting, planning and recovery.
- Be responsive to member needs and notify a supervisor of concerns or problems in a timely manner. Be able to handle all member problems and complaints with professionalism and courtesy.
- Adhere to all credit union policies and procedures regarding cash limits, approvals, confidentiality, and other transaction policies.
- Meet and exceed monthly goals as determined by a manager
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Cash handling and member service experience is strongly preferred.
- Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving and obtaining information, as well as advising or referring, which commonly require shorter discussions.
- Previous experience in credit union/banking
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in credit union/banking experience
- Experience in sales
- Must be available to work the required schedule at any of our three locations, including Saturdays
- Must have excellent written and verbal (face-to-face and phone) communication skills including professional grammar and demeanor
- PC and internet proficiency
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Employees will be required to follow other instructions and perform other related duties as required by their supervisors.